No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The Combined Bachelor's + Master's degree programs allow students to complete 12 graduate credit hours while still undergraduates. These 12 graduate credit hours will count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Combined BSB-Accountancy + MS Taxation Program allows accountancy majors to complete a bachelor’s degree and a Master of Science in Taxation (MSTAX) degree in as few as five years.
The Master of Science (MS) in taxation is an integrated program of study that provides the foundation for exceptional performance and leadership in the field of taxation.
One of the first MS in taxation programs in the United States, DePaul’s program is structured for working professionals to enhance understanding and analysis of complex tax statutes, tax regulations, related cases and rulings, and the Internal Revenue Code.
MS in taxation students gain technical competencies; analytical, communications and interpretive skills; and leadership abilities that prepare them to add value at the highest levels in their firms, businesses and organizations.
Classes During Senior Year
In this program, students will take three graduate classes during their senior year. These three classes will count toward both the bachelor’s degree and master’s degree as indicated below.
|ACC 551||TAX TREATMENT OF CORPORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS 1||4|
|ACC 558||TAX RESEARCH 2||4|
|ACC 565||TAX ACCOUNTING, PERIODS, AND METHODS||4|
|or ACC 566||FEDERAL INCOME TAX PROCEDURES|
Upon completion of the bachelor’s degree, students complete the remaining master’s degree requirements.
Visit the MS Taxation Online degree requirements in the course catalog for more information.
Current DePaul accountancy majors who meet the following criteria may apply to this program:
- Junior standing or higher (at least 88.0 credits)
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 3.200
- A minimum Accountancy (ACC) grade point average of 3.000
- B or higher in each of the three graduate classes taken during senior year
- B or higher in ACC 380
Students should apply for admission while enrolled in ACC 380.
Students must maintain the same GPA standards above by the end of senior year to continue into the MST program.
To apply to the program, go to https://grad.depaul.edu/apply.
- Select Taxation – Combined Degree
- Select the term you plan to begin the master’s degree after finishing your bachelor’s degree. This term can be changed at a later date if your plans change.
- Not required: GMAT exam, personal statement, recommendations, and application fee.
- You may upload your unofficial transcript available through Campus Connect.