No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
DePaul University provides a wide array of opportunities for students to be exposed to global, international, intercultural issues, through curricular and co-curricular offerings. The Global Fluency Certificate is offered to officially recognize undergraduate students who elect to pursue a global emphasis in their studies. Any undergraduate student is eligible to obtain the Global Fluency Certificate, which will be recorded on transcripts, if they satisfy ALL of the requirements below:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency (beginning) in a language other than English that can be satisfied by successfully completing with a C or better language courses up to 103 (i.e. one year of a foreign language) or by taking an assessment test, administered by the Modern Languages Department.
- Completion of one global experiential component among:
- Study abroad
- Global Learning Experience (GLE)
- International Campus Ministry service trip
- Global Brigades trip
- International Internship
- Successful completion of 4 globally themed courses: At least 4 (four) GL tagged courses, excluding those that satisfy either 1 or 2, with at least 2 (two) that do not count toward requirements of the student’s major (outside of the Liberal Studies Program). These courses are identified in the Class Search and Enroll function in Campus Connect.
- Overall GPA of 2.67 or better.