No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The Master of Science in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance combines critical business theories and skills with innovative hospitality leadership practices. The unique curriculum addresses current trends in the industry, providing you with a necessary skill set focusing on customer relationship management and service delivery. This degree program is designed for career-changers seeking entry into the hospitality industry and industry professionals with a strong desire to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Through the MS in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance program, you will be exposed to:
- Business courses and concepts that specifically apply to the hospitality industry, including finance, marketing and management strategies
- Cutting-edge hospitality technologies
- Data analysis and financial metrics concepts
- A service leadership foundation and how it relates to the guest experience
The MS in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance program is located in downtown Chicago, in the heart of the city’s business district. Students have access to a world-class metropolitan environment, allowing them to supplement knowledge from the classroom with practical skills gained from learning and working in a vibrant hospitality scene.
|Program Requirements||Quarter Hours|
|Total hours required||48|
Students will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of key hospitality operational performance metrics found in the hospitality industry and apply them to various service delivery and financial return components.
- Apply hospitality principles of service leadership and innovation in the guest experience through a conceptual understanding of operational policies/procedures, financial benchmarks, and service delivery.
- Evaluate and comprehend hospitality technology systems and articulate complex service system framework and financial data collection processes commonly used in the industry.
- Acquire business, employee relations and hospitality specific skills that are broad, deep and necessary to fulfill their professional goals.
Students complete the MS in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance by taking the following 12 courses for a total of 48 credits:
|HSP 502||MANAGING THE GUEST/EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE||4|
|HSP 503||ADVANCED HOSPITALITY LEADERSHIP AND PERFORMANCE||4|
|HSP 505||SERVICE TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION IN THE HOSPITALITY ENVIRONMENT||4|
|HSP 506||HOSPITALITY STRATEGY & OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE||4|
|HSP 561||MANAGING REVENUE TO MAXIMIZE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE||4|
|HSP 562||HOSPITALITY DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS AND CURRENT TRENDS||4|
|HSP 563||HOSPITALITY RESEARCH ANALYSIS & FINANCIAL METRICS||4|
|MGT 500||MANAGING FOR EFFECTIVE AND ETHICAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR||4|
|MKT 555||DECISIONS IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT||4|
Elective Requirements (3 courses)
Choose any graduate course in economics, management and marketing and any 700 to 799 course in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance.
- Satisfactory completion of the college residency requirement.
- Satisfactory completion of the 12 required courses, or their substitutes as approved by the Director of the School of Hospitality Leadership.
- All courses for credit toward the degree must be completed within six calendar years after the candidate’s first term of enrollment in the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. After a lapse of six years a course is expired. An expired course is not acceptable for the purpose of satisfaction of degree requirements and is not applicable to the degree.