No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The Master of Science in Marketing prepares students with the knowledge and skills required to identify and develop products and services that meet customer needs. Taught by scholars and business leaders who bring the real world of marketing into the classroom, course work emphasizes proficiency in analysis, conceptual ability, planning and control of market activity. Upon graduating, students will be prepared for the challenges of a marketing career in an ever-changing and fast-paced business environment.
The MS in Marketing program curriculum includes a wide range of courses that will provide you with a solid foundation in market analysis, evaluating market activity and management strategies, including:
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Research and analytical tools for marketing
- Analysis of consumer trends and business conditions
- Effective and ethical decision-making
- Business communication
|Program Requirements||Quarter Hours|
|KGSB Core Course Requirements||16|
|Marketing Required Course Requirements||32|
|Total hours required||48|
Students will be able to:
- Appropriately apply relevant concepts and knowledge to applied business problems.
- Use analytical and reflective skills in making decisions.
- Communicate effectively in writing and in oral presentations.
- Recognize and analyze ethical problems within applied business situations, choose a resolution, and justify that ethical choice.
Students in the MS in Marketing program must complete 7 core marketing courses and four marketing electives. Please note that it is assumed that admitted students have prior coursework in statistics. Students without prior coursework in statistics must complete GSB 420 prior to registering for MKT 525.
Marketing Core (7 courses)
|MKT 555||DECISIONS IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT||4|
|MKT 525||MARKET RESEARCH||4|
|MKT 534||ANALYTICAL TOOLS FOR MARKETERS||4|
|MKT 535||MARKETING STRATEGIES AND PLANNING||4|
|MKT 545||CONSUMER BEHAVIOR||4|
|MKT 576||EFFECTIVE BUSINESS COMMUNICATION||4|
|MGT 500||MANAGING FOR EFFECTIVE AND ETHICAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR||4|
Marketing Electives (5 courses)
Any five marketing electives.
Students are not restricted to choosing all five courses from one area of interest:
Sales Leadership (4 courses)
|CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT|
|LEADING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT|
|SALES STRATEGY & TECHNOLOGY|
Select one elective
Digital Marketing (4 courses)
|ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION|
|INTERNET AND INTERACTIVE MARKETING|
|SPECIAL TOPICS (Interactive/Internet Marketing)|
|SPECIAL TOPICS (Social Media Marketing)|
Marketing Strategy & Planning (4 courses)
|ANALYTICAL TOOLS FOR MARKETERS|
|STRATEGIC PLANNING: DEVELOPING SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS MODELS|
Select one elective
Please consult with a faculty member or advisor to assist with choosing the most appropriate courses to match your career goals.
- Satisfactory completion of the college residency requirement.
- Satisfactory completion of the seven core marketing courses and five marketing electives.
- All courses for credit toward the degree must be completed within six calendar years after the candidate's first term of enrollment in the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. After a lapse of six years a course is expired. An expired course is not acceptable for the purpose of satisfaction of degree requirements and is not applicable to the degree.