No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The combined Bachelor's + Master's degree programs allow students to complete 12 graduate credit hours while still undergraduates. These 12 graduate credit hours will count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
DePaul Undergraduate Degree + Pure Mathematics (MS)
This combined program is an opportunity for every DePaul undergraduate with at least 88 credits (junior standing) and preparatory work in Mathematics equivalent to a math minor to apply for early admission to the Master of Science in Pure Mathematics. This will be beneficial to non-mathematics majors who would like to add the Master’s degree in Mathematics to their current BS degree, which will open such career opportunities as teaching Mathematics at the college level or pursuing a doctorate or professional degree.
Students interested in the combined degree program should consult first with their undergraduate advisor in their home college and the Pure Mathematics graduate program director to evaluate whether they are eligible for admission to the combined degree program and to plan the undergraduate program of study that includes the graduate level MAT courses as open electives or, in certain cases, as substitutes to major requirements.
Students may apply for admission to the universal combined degree program if they satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 88.0 credit hours earned (junior status)
- Successful completion (with a grade of C- or better) of the following undergraduate coursework with GPA of at least 2.7 over these courses:
- One year of single-variable calculus (MAT 150-151-152 or equivalent)
- Two quarters or one semester of multivariable calculus (MAT 260-261 or equivalent)
- A course in linear algebra (MAT 262)
- A course in mathematical reasoning (MAT 215 or both MAT 140 and MAT 141 or equivalent)
To apply, students should submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions (email@example.com):
- CSH Combined Program Application form
- Official copy of undergraduate transcript
Interested students are strongly encouraged to consult with the Pure Mathematics Graduate Program Director Yevgenia Kashina (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting their application.
Students enrolled in the universal combined degree program will be awarded their Bachelor’s degrees upon completion of their undergraduate degree requirements. They need to apply for undergraduate degree conferral when they reach the required credit hours and meet all other criteria for their baccalaureate degree.