No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The combined Bachelor's + Master's degree programs allow students to complete 12 graduate credit hours while still undergraduates. These 12 graduate credit hours will count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
DePaul Undergraduate Degree + Applied Mathematics (MS)
This combined program is an opportunity for every DePaul undergraduate with at least 88 credits (junior-standing) and preparatory work in Mathematics roughly equivalent to a math minor to apply for early admission to the Master of Science in Applied Mathematics. The interdisciplinary nature of this program will be beneficial to non-mathematics majors interested in studying more advanced topics in applied and computational mathematics as they are used in other fields.
Students interested in the combined degree program should consult first with their undergraduate advisor in their home college and the Applied Mathematics graduate program director to evaluate whether they are eligible for admission to the combined degree program and to plan the undergraduate program of study that includes the graduate level MAT courses as open electives or, in certain cases, as substitutes to major requirements.
Students may apply for admission to the universal combined degree program if they satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 88.0 credit hours earned (junior status)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher in courses taken at DePaul University
- Successful completion (with a grade of C- or better) of the following undergraduate coursework:
- A year of single-variable calculus (equivalent of MAT 150-151-152)
- A course in multivariable calculus (equivalent of MAT 260)
- A course in linear algebra (equivalent of MAT 262)
- A course in computer programming (e.g., C++, Python, Java, R)
To apply, students should submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- CSH Combined Program Application form
- Official copy of undergraduate transcript
Interested students are strongly encouraged to consult with the Applied Mathematics Graduate Program Director Ilie Ugarcovici (email@example.com) prior to submitting their application.
Students enrolled in the universal combined degree program will be awarded their Bachelor’s degrees upon completion of their undergraduate degree requirements. They need to apply for undergraduate degree conferral when they reach the required credit hours and meet all other criteria for their baccalaureate degree.