No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
Using data to inform important business decisions and provide real-world solutions for companies of all sizes is critical to companies’ success. Through our Business Analytics MBA concentration, you’ll gain the necessary techniques to turn complex data into solutions for organizations in a wide range of industries.
You’ll be equipped with the tools to understand, manage and communicate analytics from ‘big data’. And you’ll learn about core business functions and master the skills that are at the intersection of business and data-science including:
- Decision modeling
- Data visualization
|Program Requirements||Quarter Hours|
|MBA Core Requirements (9 -11 courses)||32 - 40|
|Concentration and Elective Course Requirements (5 courses)||20|
|Total hours required||52-60|
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills in decision-making.
- Apply knowledge about the differences among global economies, institutions, and cultures to understand the implications these have on global management.
- Recognize and analyze ethical and legal problems within applied business situations, choose a resolution, and justify that ethical choice.
- Effectively contribute to the performance of a group as the group addresses practical business situations, and assume a leadership role as appropriate.
- Produce a coherent written statement and oral presentation of the analysis of a complex business issue.
- Acquire broad-based knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their professional goals
MBA Core Requirements
Course Requirements for the MBA Program
The MBA program requires completion of sixteen courses (60 quarter hours)1. In addition to the eleven core course (40 quarter hours) requirements below, students must select five courses/electives (20 quarter hours) to specialize in a business area of their choice.
Core Course Requirements
|ACC 502||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERIAL DECISION MAKING||4|
|ECO 502||ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS CONDITIONS||2|
|ECO 555||MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS||4|
|FIN 555||FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT||4|
|GSB 519||BUSINESS ANALYTICS TOOLS (FORMERLY GSB420)||4|
|GSB 599||STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT CAPSTONE||4|
|MGT 500||LEADING EFFECTIVE AND ETHICAL ORGANIZATIONS||4|
|MGT 504||FUNDAMENTALS OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT||2|
|MGT 555||HUMAN CAPITAL STRATEGY AND SCIENCE||4|
|MKT 555||MARKETING MANAGEMENT||4|
|GSB 525||BUSINESS INNOVATION & DESIGN (FORMERLY MGT 573)||4|
KGSB may waive MBA Core Course Requirements up to 8 credit hours if a student's undergraduate major was in the same discipline as these core courses and the student earned grades of "C" or better.
|MGT 585||FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS||4|
|Select 3 of the following 4 courses:||12|
|BUSINESS PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS|
|DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS|
|BUSINESS ANALYTICS TOOLS II|