No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
- Be a clear and strategic thinker in the business world.
- Learn how to diagnose strategic positions, evaluate alternative courses of action, and make the best possible decisions.
DePaul’s MBA concentration in Business Strategy and Decision Making will give you the framework for making business decisions in a disciplined and strategic way. In this concentration, you will learn how to diagnose strategic positions, evaluate alternative courses of action and make the best possible decisions based on your objectives. You will accomplish this through extensive class discussions, case-study analysis and hands-on exercises.
In this concentration, you will gain knowledge and abilities to:
- Create value for customers.
- Correctly diagnose a problem or position, make the best decisions to improve upon this position and sustain the improvement.
- Apply price and other strategies to gain a competitive edge and to enter or block entry to market.
- Capture value in various market settings by positioning and differentiating products for profitability.
- Innovate and reformulate entire business models based on networks, platforms and eco-systems.
- Develop negotiation skills that are important in the economic and business world, as well as in day-to-day life.
- Apply insights from psychology and behavioral sciences to understand economic and business decisions and formulate strategic plans and policies.
The concentration requires three classes. The concentration consists of two required core classes: ECO 525, which provides a general framework for strategic thinking; ECO 526, which lays out the economic foundations of strategy; and one elective course that best matches your personal and professional objectives.
|Required Core Courses|
|GAME THEORY AND STRATEGY|
|Select one of the following:|
|STRATEGY AND ANTITRUST|
|BUSINESS MODELS AND INNOVATION STRATEGY|
|BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS AND DECISION-MAKING|