No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The purpose of the program is to provide an intensive post-master’s degree performance experience for a small number of highly accomplished performers. Entry into the program is based on evidence of ability to be successful in post-graduate level performance study. Other criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of a Master of Music in performance degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- An entrance audition which demonstrates performance ability at the post-master’s level.
- Voice applicants must demonstrate competence in Italian, French and German diction by audition and written IPA exam.
Please check the School of Music Admission website for full requirements.
There are two primary components to the certificate in performance program. First, applied music (private instruction), and second, related studies. Related study will often consist of participation in the appropriate ensembles and additional academic classes in the School of Music. The course requirements for the certificate in performance appear below:
- Applied Music (18 credits)
- Related Study (12 credits)
- Ensembles (6 credits)
- Recital (0 credits)
Gainful Employment Disclosure
This graduate certificate program is approved as a Gainful Employment Program through the US Department of Education and is, therefore, eligible for Federal Student Aid. Disclosure statements about occupations, on-time graduate rate, tuition and fees, and median loan debt for this program can be found at http://www.depaul.edu/gainful-employment-disclosure/Pages/default.aspx.