No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
The supervisory endorsement is intended for teachers in special education, speech language or school support personnel with an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL). Completion of coursework will lead to the Illinois Supervisory Endorsement and will allow teachers to supervise teachers in their specialty area and provide instructional coaching and professional development. Coursework completed for the supervisory endorsement may apply toward the principal endorsement.
To apply, please submit the following items to The Office of Graduate Admission:
- A completed application
- Application fee ($40.00)
- One official transcript from all colleges and/or universities attended
- A copy of valid professional educator license
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Statement of purpose indicating professional development goals and related experience (750 words)
To be eligible for the Supervisory endorsement students must hold an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in one of the following: *(Please check with ISBE about valid individual grade ranges)
- Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBSI for grades PK- Age 22 or K- Age 22)
- Teacher of Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired (BPS for grades PK- Age 22 or K- Age 22)
- Teacher of Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (DHH for grades PK- Age 22 or K-Age 22)
- Speech Language Pathologist (SLP for grades PK- Age 22 or K- Age 22)
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECS3 for grades Birth - Grade 3)
- School Support Personnel (School Social Worker, School Nurse, School Counselor, School Psychologist, Speech Language Pathologist Non-Teaching.
12 Quarter Hours, Grade of C or Better Required in All Courses
|A&S 491||EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP OF SCHOOLS||4|
|A&S 498||INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISION AND SUPPORT||4|
|A&S 645||THE ADMINISTRATION AND SUPERVISION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION||4|
Individuals must submit an application directly to the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) upon successful completion of the required coursework and licensure tests. All individuals must meet ISBE requirements at the time of application. Requirements are subject to change per the discretion of ISBE.