No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
DePaul’s MBA concentration in Applied Economics gives students a deeper understanding of the fundamentals that govern economic activity. Students study the forces that drive markets and the economics of the decision-making processes of business and consumers in a market system. This concentration is particularly ideal for analytically focused, logically minded students who want to hone their problem-solving abilities.
In this concentration, you will gain the knowledge, competencies and skills to:
- Help businesses and organizations adapt to the ever-changing economic environment.
- Relate the domestic and global economic outlooks to your business’s or organization’s markets, as well as advanced applications for bridging strategic analysis to financial forecasts and valuation.
- Prepare and interpret forecasts for businesses regarding optimal pricing, sales and advertising, marketing policies, purchasing, industrial relations and investment and portfolio decisions.
- Conduct empirical analyses of business and consumer decision-making.
- Apply evidence-based methodology to inform decisions and policy.
To complete this concentration, students are required to complete three graduate-level Economics courses. ECO 502, ECO 509 and ECO 555 (if taken to satisfy core requirements) are not approved for use as MBA concentration electives.
|DATA ANALYTICS I: REGRESSION ANALYSIS|
|ECONOMICS OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR I|
|THE PUBLIC POLICY, BUSINESS, AND ETHICAL ENVIRONMENT OF GOVERNMENT|
|LABOR ECONOMICS AND LABOR RELATIONS|
|GAME THEORY AND STRATEGY|
|STRATEGIES AND PROCESSES OF NEGOTIATIONS|
|STRATEGY AND ANTITRUST|
|BUSINESS MODELS AND INNOVATION STRATEGY|
|BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS AND DECISION-MAKING|
|INTERNATIONAL TRADE THEORY & POLICY|
|THE BUSINESS OF HEALTH|
|HEALTHCARE DATA ANALYTICS|
|SPECIAL TOPICS (MANAGERIAL HEALTH ECONOMICS)|
|SPECIAL TOPICS (CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP)|