No results found, please try again. Reset selections.
This provides general Liberal Studies Program (LSP) guidelines; for the Liberal Studies requirements associated with a specific program, see the catalog description for that respective program. Students in the DePaul University Honors Program should consult with a program advisor about their requirements.
All DePaul Students Who Participate in the Liberal Studies Program
There are a number of general Liberal Studies Program guidelines that pertain to all DePaul undergraduate students (except for students in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (formerly SNL)).
- Students may not use the same course to fulfill a requirement in both their primary major and Liberal Studies. There are two exceptions to this rule:
- Designated courses in the major may also be used to fulfill the Experiential Learning requirement. Students who pursue this option will then complete an additional learning domain elective or, if applicable, the third course of the Modern Language Option.
- Transfer students who complete the General Education Core Curriculum of the Illinois Articulation Initiative may apply a particular course to fulfilling a requirement in the major (see the GECC/IAI section of this policy.)
- Students completing a second major or minor may use the same courses to fulfill requirements in those areas and in the Experiential Learning, Senior Capstone, and Learning Domains of Liberal Studies.
- Students may request to substitute a different course for one of the Liberal Studies requirements. All substitutions must meet the learning outcomes and writing expectations for the particular LSP requirement. Students seeking to request a substitution should contact their home college office for more information on procedures.