The grade of Incomplete (IN) is assigned when a student has been excused from taking the final examination on good cause shown or, with permission, has failed to complete all of the required coursework. To receive an incomplete, a student must receive written permission from the instructor and the Associate Dean of Student Affairs. All course work must be completed by the end of the following semester or the student will receive a permanent failing grade (F).