​Students who wish to register for Guided Research must make supervisory arrangements with a full-time faculty member. A student must have completed a minimum of 28 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Guided Research is offered for either one or two credits and is graded pass/fail. Guided Research does not fulfill the JD advanced writing requirement.

To register for Guided Research, a student must obtain written approval from the supervising faculty member and the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. Guided Research forms are available on the College of Law website. Completed forms should be turned in to the Office of Student Affairs.